Almost 40 years ago, Ottawa quietly canceled Canada’s estate tax. Few Canadians even knew about the tax. Those who did mostly belonged to a small number of wealthy families who were rich enough to pay it. With its cancellation in 1972, this tiny crowd was suddenly a lot richer.
- Unifor statement for the National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Google reaches deal with government
- Langara College Voice students take multiple Pinnacle Awards for student journalism
- PWTransit workers overwhelmingly reject employer’s latest offer