JOB POSTING – BOOK BINDER 2 – FULL TIME
Since 1928, Mitchell has grown into a print marketing company with a rich history in print craft, combined with industry-leading technology and sustainable practices.
We are focused on building a team culture that delivers exceptional client experiences every day. If you are like us, humble, hungry, have super talents and love to work in a fast-paced and inclusive environment? Join us.
We currently have an opportunity for the right person to grow their career with Western Canada’s leading print marketing company working in BC’s largest bindery and finishing department. This full-time BOOK BINDER 2 position is an excellent next step into an in-demand trade with a full-service, industry-leading bindery department.
The BOOK BINDER 2’s responsibilities include:
- Working on various bindery and finishing equipment
- Boxing and palletizing finished goods
- Moving pallets and bundles of print material to the stage for the production
- Work capably at the direction of your supervisor
- Work in accordance with Mitchell’s Standard Operating Procedures covering both
qualities of product and Health & Safety protocols
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE IS:
- Comfortable working in a deadline driven, custom manufacturing environment
- Able to assist on the M/R of large bookbinding lines such as perfect binders and saddle stitchers
- Able to set, and run auxiliary binding equipment such as deliveries, carton sealers, drills, and punches
- Knowledgeable in the book binding processes and recognizes the attributes of quality finishing
- Mechanically inclined
- Can handle detailed packaging requirements efficiently and accurately
- Able to accomplish physical duties, lifting up to 50 lbs
- Flexible to work various shifts
- Well-organized and can communicate effectively
- A team player
This Union position provides competitive medical and dental plans, and a pension plan.
$22.48 per hour + shift differential
Minimum Grade 12
1-3 years of printing Industry experience.
Please forward resumes to [email protected]
For a PDF of the this posting, please click HERE.