NEW POSTING: Paper Handler
Our customers, our team, and the industry have always believed in MITCHELL. Our 95-year legacy proves we not only adapt to the market but have always provided direction for it. Our secret is our Team, and how we leverage state-of-the-art technology while adhering to sound environmental practices. MITCHELL’s brand values are anchored in 5 principles:
Deliver Quality, Customer Connection, Adaptability, Team Growth, and Sustainability. PRODUCING EXCELLENCE, TOGETHER.
The MITCHELL Group consists of: MITCHELL Press Ltd., MITCHELL Digital Ltd., PROJECT28, and PACIFIC BINDERY and Partner Trade Services.
We currently have an opportunity for the right person to grow with our team. The Paper Handler reports to the Procurement Manager.
Paper Handler responsibilities include:
- Stage paper for each day’s production schedule for all presses
- Perform visual safety inspections on lift trucks and fill logbooks each day
- Work with maintenance team to coordinate maintenance routines and service for in- house mobile equipment including lift trucks, pallet jacks, and electric hand trucks
- Organize and maintain paper in the warehouse keeping areas clean and efficient
- Receive daily stock and consumable deliveries in an organized and efficient fashion
- Tag and record incoming materials into our MIS system
- Adjust purchase orders in our MIS system to reflect the actual materials received
- Maintain inventory in our MIS system as required
- Maintain inventory of various facility materials including shipping, bindery, janitorial and stationery supplies
- Record and calculate material usage for completed work and mark rolls/sheets for return as required
- Facilitate paper samples and/or stock dummies in support of our sales team
- Assist with processing paper claims as directed by the Procurement Manager
- Perform monthly inventory counts for all roll and sheetfed inventory as required
- Assist the shipping department as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Able to safely operate clamp and sit-down style forklift trucks
- Able to work in a deadline-driven, collaborative team environment
- Strong computer skills including fundamental Excel use
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Preference will be given to candidates with prior experience
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative environment
This Union position provides extended health and dental benefits, as well as a pension plan Pay is based on a 40-hour workweek, requiring an ability to work shifts.
The pay rate is $28.87/hour plus shift differential.
Please forward your resume and cover letters to [email protected] with your cover letter and resume, with the subject line “Paper Handler”.
For a PDF of this posting please click here.